Monday 16 June 2014

Model Jaimie Hilfiger has a passion for fashion


Model Jaimie Hilfiger has a passion for fashion

 

New resident alert: Jaimie Hilfiger. If the last name sounds familiar, the model/fashion blogger is designer Tommy Hilfiger’s niece. The stunning blue-eyed blonde tried out the Los Angeles thing after graduating from the University of Central Florida in Orlando but felt the tug of Florida and moved back last month. We chatted with the upstate New York native:
Welcome! Where do you like to hang out in town?
If I’m not in meetings or at a photoshoot you will definitely find me at Bal Harbour Shops. It’s like Rodeo Drive, but better, because everything is under one roof. After a long day of shopping, Makato and Carpaccio are my favorites. At night I like the vibe and energy of South Beach. Some of my favorite restaurants are Mr. Chow at the W, Cavalli (I adore the first one in Milan) and Katsuya, because it reminds me of Hollywood. If I plan on going out, it’s LIV. What’s not to love? I also always have a great time at Mynt, SET and Mansion.
What are some style trends you are seeing?
I love the fashion in Miami and how women take time to choose their outfits and look their best. During the day, I wear sheer, airy fabrics that are draped beautifully on the body. For evening, it’s all about the fit and standing out. Summer is actually my favorite season. I have stocked up on long, flowy dresses, sheer tops with pretty floral patterns and stylish shorts.
Which celebrities do you think are trendsetters right now?
I have always admired Jennifer Lopez’s style. She constantly reinvents herself in a way that isn’t too extreme and always gets it right. To me, she is the ultimate glamour girl. Jennifer always looks flawless whether she is out with her children, performing on stage or at an event.
How do you keep trim? What is your diet like?
I have been extremely lucky and blessed with great genes so I have never dieted before, but in the weeks and days leading up to a big shoot or event I try to stay really healthy. I never eat after 7 p.m. and always make the last meal of the day carb-free: squash pieces, avocado or prawn salad. Your meals should be 2/3 veggie and 1/3 protein. Lunchtime carbs should be heavy with fiber. It’s important to reach for quinoa or millet first.
What is your family like? Is it tough having a famous last name or a help?
Tommy and my dad are part of a family of nine children so you could only imagine how many cousins I have. Getting together is so much fun. As for having the last name, it’s been a 50/50 split. There have been times that people make preconceived assumptions about me. It used to bother me, but you can’t make everyone happy.
What are some of your latest projects?
My latest project has been my collaboration with Tanus Designs. They are an amazing online boutique that offers stunning jewelry, accessories, home and office decor. Each month, I style various pieces from and we are planning to design beautiful pieces of jewelry together. We are also working on a Cancer Awareness campaign. This collaboration goes beyond our passion for fashion; we would like to be involved in humanitarian causes to bring support and hope. Their website is www.tanusdesigns.com.
I have also been seriously pursuing my beauty and I fashion blog www.JaimieHilfiger.com/blog. Fashion is in my blood and I have a strong passion for beauty and skincare. On the blog I like to write about how I feel on current fashion trends and my favorite beauty products. I also love to do product and brand spotlights when I feature a specific products and write up a review on them.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/16/4176477/hed-here.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: